Dear Friends and Partners,
My heart is stirred once again to be a voice for the poor in Liberia, West Africa, the people I have given my life to since first seeing the poverty in 2003.
My prayer this Christmas is that we can bring HOPE to “the least of these” …the widows, the orphans and the refugees …those who have so little!
Many are waiting for school, for food, for medicines. One by one we reach out to make a difference!
Some of you have asked what you could give this Christmas that would make a difference to someone in need. Some of you said your family was looking for a Christmas project that you could do instead of the hustle and bustle of trying to find, “just the right gift” in a world where we have so much.
Our widows come each Saturday for rice. Our new boys all need clothes
This Christmas we hope to give them oil + soap.
Perhaps one of these ideas is for you……
- Register a child to school for $100.00
- Buy a bag of rice for a widow or a poor family for $35.00
- Buy a pair of shoes ($15.00 for a small child $20.00 for older children/youth)
- Buy new clothes for one of our high-school or college students. We house 55 students. These boys lost their parents in the war. We hope to give $50.00 per student for clothes.
- Buy a gift for one of our orphan children in our Hope Homes for $20.00
- Help to buy chickens or a bag of rice for Christmas Dinner in a Hope Home for $50.00
- Help to save a life by giving for medical needs. Only $30.00 can save a life. Statistics tell us more than 30,000 children die daily from preventable diseases as common as pneumonia, diarrhea, typhoid, malaria. I believe that.
“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.”
You can donate NOW by credit card if you wish by phoning… 250-454-9456
Or fill out our DONATIONS PAGE and send it with your cheque or money order